Thursday, November 12, 2015

Give Thanks (even when you are grumpy)


I bought this banner for $5 at Target a few weeks ago. Not that it matters, I just didn't want you to think I am super crafty, I didn't make it.

And I didn't even put the banner up to show how thankful I am; because most of the time I'm not. I put the banner up in my dining room to
look at every evening to remind myself to take the time to practice thankfulness for myself and as a family. Sometimes what I'm thankful for relates to the worst part of my day. I am not thankful for the poop explosion from my child a few days ago, but I am thankful for indoor plumbing and disposable diapers. I am not usually thankful for the dirty dishes at the end of the day, but I am thankful for our plentiful healthy food and the family who eats from the plates. I am not thankful for my son's outburst, but I am thankful he is growing in maturity most days. I am not thankful for the death of a friend's friend, but I am thankful his family is being supported and his life is celebrated.

How are you practicing thankfulness this fall/autumn season?

No comments:

Post a Comment